Volunteering facilitator: habiba
Admins, please add your preferred dates and times as well as topics to discuss and anything else that's relevant; with Tiki Admin Group Meeting policies in mind, we should try to share details of topics in advance or in teams and then use the TAG meeting for highlights and decisions, etc.
8th Feb, 13:00 GMT
- important stuff
- Could we, and should we set up mastodon.tiki.org?
- See chat on Facebook here
- Shouldn’t the gardeners’ blog here be public? (with the option for trusted access only when needed). Or use another channel for admin only stuff?
- Should we add Gitter.im and TogetherJS to the list of third party services on our ToS page?
- This will happen to tiki.org as well: https://github.com/jasonmunro/cypht-website/issues/39
- Tiki Docker images
People created Docker image for Tiki Wiki but they are not updated anymore. If you google "Tiki Wiki Docker" those are the results:
- https://dev.tiki.org/Docker => https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki-docker
All the available Tiki version seems to be stuck in time (2 years ago, Tiki19.x or Tiki21.x.)
This gives a negative image of our project for new people coming that are commonly using Docker.
We should have ONE official image and a way to have it automatically updated or simply removed and hide what we can.
- Upcoming Tiki Hosting offering by EvoluData. Discussion about trademarks like WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
Legal and Administrative
- Tiki incorporation status
An updated application with updated address has been submitted with Ontario gov.
- An update on Google Grants (from Google Ads)
Created a new ad campaign on Google ads, will following its performance in coming weeks
- Trademark infringement.
The company, https://mytiki.com/, is infringing Tiki trademark. A legal letter has been drafted to be sent to their CEO through all social media contacts available. We will be countering them on Github as well. Waiting to discuss the matter with our Lawyer before we proceed.
- What happened to https://www.facebook.com/TikiWikiCMSGroupware ?
I have tried to contact them on all available emails and platform. They are not replying or giving any feedback.
- Tiki and TikiWiki trademark renewal in 2023
Nancy has submitted the renewal applications with USPTO.
Funds from Tiki's PayPal account were used, so we only have USD$600 left
- Marc will provide a status update on Email Servers