Volunteering Facilitator: Nelson Ko
- Please see Community Roundtable 2015 03 12 Followup
Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 18:00:00 UTC time (click for time zone in your city)
See Webinars for a detailed description.
In addition, I am thinking TogetherJS could be used for us to see what's being taken as notes in real time - I will try it out.
How to spark the next wave of Tiki Community growth/activity.
1. Setting the stage: "How to spark the next wave of Tiki Community growth/activity" is a forward looking topic. But nevertheless, to set the stage I will start with just 4 slides - 2 slides to highlight the strengths we have as a community followed by another 2 slides to recap the current challenges we face.
2. Sharing aspirations: We will all take turns to share our aspirations for Tiki ( I volunteer to go first but am willing to be overridden ). Aspirations are things you hope/desire will be achieved. The more specific the action items to achieve the better but even if an aspiration is kind of broad like a vision it is good. We should start with things that we can volunteer to lead/help to make happen, though further listing aspirations that you won't have the expertise/time to help with is fine as well.
3. Grouping aspirations: We will work together to group the aspirations together so as to reduce overlap and to reduce the number of discrete items we have to look at in the next step.
4. Value, Timing and Dependencies: For each of the aspirations from the previous step, we will enumerate (on a scale of 1 to 5) the value we think it will bring, the timing (i.e. some things are more time-critical than others), and the dependencies (for example, by achieving aspiration A it might make achieving aspiration B much easier, so B is dependent on A).
5. Aggregating strategies and actions: Some of the aspirations listed would already be concrete action items, while others need brainstorming what can be done to achieve them. Some will remain on the "feature request list". We will discuss and aggregate them while attaching realistic timelines to each. If timelines or actions cannot be defined completely at this webinar they can always be further discussed afterwards.