Thanks Marc. I tried, but it did not seem to fix the problem.
I replaced my userslib.php with the revision 40636 you linked to, then restarted my tiki site. Still having the same issues.
Seems to be two issues.
When I go to Admin Catagories, and click on "Edit Parmissions for this catagory" (the little key icon), there is no option for tiki_p_wiki_approve on the "Assign permissions to this category" page. Is is not in the list.
However, if I go to Assign global permissions, and click on "Object Permissions List", then go to the "Reason" column under the "Catagory Permissions" tab and select a catagory, it takes be back to the "Assign permissions to this category"; only this time tiki_p_wiki_approve is visable.
I'm not sure how/why, but the method of navigation I used to get to "Assign permissions to this category" page seem to have an affect on what permissions I can edit.
I can apply tiki_p_wiki_approve globally, and remove it at "Assign permissions to this category", but all assigned Globally still have the permission and can approve.
If I don't assign it Globally, but assign the permission at the category level, the uses still don't have the permission.
Seem like the global permission is all that is applied in either case.
Thanks again for your help. I'm not an experienced coder, but if there is anything I can do to help please with this issue please point me in the right direction.