Win a badge when presenting your Halloween custume in the monthly Roundtable Meeting.
Honestly. Do not forget to prepare the guise with your youngest and to explain them what is behind Trick or Treat.
Roundtable at 20th and Halloween at 31st - enough time.
standard - if nothing else is convened/scheduled: Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 18:00:00 UTC time (click for time zone in your city) See most voted time above.
See Roundtable Meetngs for a detailed description.
1st hour quick news
- Shall we remove the Post-it note on tiki.org asking users if they have already upgraded their sites?
- New Profiles in development for Tiki15+: (already in "beta")
- "Execute on List"
To ease the learning of how to use (and detect bugs in the future) of a few features not covered enough in previous profiles:
- PluginListExecute and the format and output display of results in the list using the same syntax as in PluginList
- Mathematical Calculation Tracker Field and Advanced rating syntax
- inline edition of some fields in tracker items
- tablesorter feature to allow selecting in real time which columns to display, or choose priorities to hide some
- demonstrate some enhancements to item link and trackers in general to allow while adding an item to tracker 1, select many linked items from a second tracker, and let a mathematical calculation field perform a formula on some of the fields from the linked items selected from the table inserted on the fly.
- in addition, implemented a simple way to get prices from a price guide (in tracker 3) but allow you to override them in the item of tracker 1, for invoicing purposes with different end prices depending on type of customer, other agreements, etc.
- Easily demonstrate geo location capabilities of Tiki in several features of the CMS: Wiki pages, Tracker items, Blog posts, and articles.
- Show maps per feature, or everything in an integrated map.
- Ideally, some filtering capabilities will be included, with plugin Custom Search and eventually other tricks.
- Easily demonstrate some of the new features added in the last versions compared to the old bug_tracker profile (tracker inline edition, sortable tables, change field type, clone items, etc.) ...
- ... as well as the new PluginPivotTable coming along in trunk so far. Ideally to be backported to 16.x and 15.x once 16.0 is out.
- have a base infrastructure to test the email notification system to tracker fields of type "user selector" once they have been set to get notified of changes to the corresponding tracker items matching the username.
- "Execute on List"
- Who is planning to attend TikiFest2017-Brussels-Fosdem?
Second hour, longer topics
1.1.1. profiles.t.o upgrade plan to ease filtering and sorting of profiles?
https://profiles.tiki.org upgrade plan to ease filtering and sorting of profiles?
- We would need some way to create a sortable and filterable list of Profiles from the Profiles Wizard in tiki instances (ideally), and at profiles.t.o site, at least. There are way many profiles ready for learning features in the Profiles Wizard and profiles.t.o, and people are not learning from them because they might not know which profiles demonstrates how to use feature X or Y, etc.
- https://profiles.tiki.org uses Tiki 9.x, which doesn't have Tablesorter. Tiki12 does. Shouldn't we plan some upgrade to Tiki 12.x at least? Any schedule? Any blocker issue preventing that from happening?
- In addition, profiles.t.o is on ovh server, which runs on and old OS which needs upgrading, and hard disk space needs an increase to prevent irc.t.o log web display issues from happening too frequently (maybe) lately.
- nextprofiles.tiki.org is currently also in the same ovh server
- That would allow to make a better filtering and sorting of profiles which are ready for each version, etc.
- Alternatively we could document on doc.tiki.org or elsewhere, and reuse with iframe or something.
- Imho 'Profiles'
iswas an underestimated treasure and one of those features making Tiki outstanding above other CMSes. Imho the 'Profiles' community site deserves a similar overhaul as the Themes website and should look responsive and nice same as 'themes.tiki.org'. - at least marketing wise. (thx to the guys for bringing 'Profiles' on to the agenda!)
1.1.2. URGENT: Changing spam reduction strategy in tiki.org
See the description of the current system in place:
188.8.131.52. registration in t.o with "Registration page key" but custom links without it
We seemed to have setup the randomstring keyword needed ("Registration page key") in the url for the registration screen to show up in https://tiki.org, but this was blocking users from registering since there was a hand made link to "Register" in the tiki homepage that didn't have that keyword string manually setup in that hand-made link.
Conclusion: users that clicked at the link from the Homepage couldn't register. And the link to "register" from the login module didn't work either for me the first time I tried but only after I disabled the feature "Registration page key" and re-enabled it again (caching issue? was that recently setup in tiki.org??? )
Anybody aware of other places were we did setup custom links to "Register" or tiki-register.php?
184.108.40.206. new user admin validation in tiki.org (intertiki) by a single person
Regardless of the many thanks we need to give to the person that has been taking care of validating new user requests in tiki.org, we cannot rely in this custom hand-made single-man procedure, since it means a bottleneck and too much pressure and responsibility on a single person for such an important entry point of new users, reviewers and developers to the Tiki community.
I did a quick review, and there were plenty of legitimate registration requests to tiki.org (like the ones reminded on irc and through personal emails days ago to some admins), and dozens of others in the last weeks. Even found some legitimate requests from several months ago (4 months ago, 8 months ago, ...) among dozens of spammer registration attempts. So
the man-made work was working pretty well, but indeed not well enough. And it's not a single-man responsibility. Therefore, I propose to change this situation to a more automated process of allowing users to register first, and only when proven that they spam, then we can remove + ban ip, etc.
For instance, validation of new user requests can NOT be done in bulk in the user admin UI (not even easily reviewing their user tracker records with a single click from there), but removing and banning ip's can be done indeed in bulk from several places (user admin UI, action log UI, etc).
Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): the best I have luciash d' being (luci): wow, another one! :D Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): It's getting festive. luciash d' being (luci): I could steal my son's stormtrooper (or whatever trooper) helmet but sadly it is too small for me ;) Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): :) luciash d' being (luci): hi Jun Jun Moriya: Hi luciash d' being (luci): ItemLink Jonny Bradley (jonnybradley): :) Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): 8^) Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): luci: clevr :) luciash d' being (luci): https://dev.tiki.org/tiki-view_tracker_item.php?itemId=6134&threadId=5003&cookietab=2#fragment-5 Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): is that a field type? Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): (the pivot) luciash d' being (luci): you said preferences but meant maybe params? luciash d' being (luci): so it will save the params luciash d' being (luci): gotcha luciash d' being (luci): it works just with numbers? luciash d' being (luci): :D Jonny Bradley (jonnybradley): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pivot_table luciash d' being (luci): yup yup luciash d' being (luci): all clear now :) luciash d' being (luci): looks very useful luciash d' being (luci): thanks xavi! Xavi (as xavidp - admin) (xavidp): you are welcome! :-) Xavi (as xavidp - admin) (xavidp): thanks Marc for supoprting the development :-) luciash d' being (luci): we are all interested! :) Xavi (as xavidp - admin) (xavidp): and Amna as the developer that implemented it so far in Tiki luciash d' being (luci): yes yes! Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): Thanks for the new profiles, xavi, and explanations. luciash d' being (luci): :) Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): https://tiki.org/TikiFestFosdem2017 Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): https://tiki.org/TikiFestFosdem2016 luciash d' being (luci): thanks! luciash d' being (luci): BTW, related bug report to applying profiles: https://dev.tiki.org/item6141 luciash d' being (luci): we need to test applying profiles with nextprofiles.tiki.org before upgrading luciash d' being (luci): it could be just matter of adding the nextprofiles.tiki.org to the repositories list in your profiles control panel in Tiki but I am not sure it will work since there is the next:next http authentication Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): nextprofiles.tiki.org canonical name = ovh.tiki.org. Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): I agree: tiki 15 for profiles. Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): wget ' https://example.com' --http-user=xxx --http-password=xxx luciash d' being (luci): I was actually wondering if all the anti-spam features we have on there are working actually because still so many spammers register without answering the questions, etc... :( Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): That's due to intertiki? luciash d' being (luci): registkey=%regkey% Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): I get this url in two different browsers when clicking the login module's registration link: https://tiki.org/tiki-register.php?key=randomstring . Is that how it should work (and not a real random string)? Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): ok Gary Cunningham-Lee (chibaguy): kitsune Jun Moriya: I cant speak well; so I put here Jun Moriya: ie. english problem. anyway Jean-Marc Libs (Jyhem): The classic One time Password system requires to distribute physcal password generators to people. That won't work
Pages related to this one
One page links to Roundtable Meeting 2016 10