TikiFest Porto 2008 has ended.
Table of contents
- Accommodation: Rented House Sept 4th-14th
- Alternate accommodation: Albergaria Residência do Vice-Rei
- Suggested topics
- 1.1.1. AulaWiki
- 1.1.2. Cross Lingual Wiki Engine
- 1.1.3. TikiTests
- 1.1.4. Documentation for 2.0
- 1.1.5. Improve issues related to TW Community Organization
- 1.1.6. Letters
- 1.1.7. New dedicated server
- 1.1.8. Translating and the Computer 30
- 1.1.9. Event Management System profile
- 1.1.10. Shopping cart/ecommerce
- 1.1.11. ointegrate
- 1.1.12. Flex & Tiki
- 1.1.13. Viral TikiWiki
- 1.1.14. Olaf has some photos on his humble Tiki Wiki page
- 1.1.15. Add your topic here!
- Related links
- Shopping list
TikiFest is a tradition in the TikiWiki community. A TikiFest is when there is a meeting between at least 2 TikiWiki contributors that don't usually meet. This is an occasion, usually, to drink adult beverages, get some laptops out and code wildly in group sessions and/or discuss about wiki technology and culture, etc. depending the mood and context. It is a great opportunity for Tiki users and Tiki power users to meet some of the developers and learn more stuff
This TikiFest is co-located with WikiSym held on September 8-9-10
If you are not a TikiWiki user but are just looking for a place to hang out and get some wifi, by all means, please do join us!
September 5-6-7, 2008
|September 5th||9h to 20h|
|September 6th||9h to 20h|
|September 7th|| 9h to 20h |
20h+ Wiki House Party with all ))WikiSym(( people!
We have rented a house which is 4 metro stations away from WikiSym. The TikiFest will be held in this house and TikiFesters can stay there. We have 4 bedrooms. Bring your mattress & sleeping bag if you can. We are still working out the Internet connection there. If you have shareable 3G access please indicate when you add your name to the list below.
Rua do Paraiso, Number 44
- You can take a cab (€20-€25)
- or take the metro from the airport and get out at the Lapa station and Paraiso exit (50 meters from the house).
- is this right? Map seems to says station Faria Guiamaräes is closer...
Please specify if you are willing to share a room with another TikiFest attendant to reduce costs.
|Name||home city||Arrival Date||Departure||Note|
|Marc Laporte||Montreal Canada||4th at 12h05 at OPO airport||12th||has booked house|
|Alain Désilets||Gatineau Canada||4th at 11h00||14th||in house & will bring two self-inflating camping mattresses|
|Xavier de Pedro||Barcelona Spain||5th 8:50h a.m. local time||9th 20:25h local time||in house & will bring inflating mattress|
|Louis-Philippe Huberdeau||Montreal Canada||4th 8:10 AM||14th 9:30 AM||in house|
|Alexander 'amette' Mette||Bayreuth Germany||4th at 10h50 at OPO airport||13th 14h10 from OPO airport||in house|
|Régis Barondeau||Montreal Canada||the 5th ETA 12:50PM||the 11th||in house - I have no extra mattress|
|Olaf-Michael Stefanov||Vienna Austria||4th (ca. midnight)||14th||— (has already booked-oms) — can share room with a non-smoker but as my wife may be coming in on last day of WikiSym please keep me as last resort for sharing (oms)|
|Matthew (MatWho)||South Portugal||4th by car||11th||My wife/friends may be coming in on the WikiSym days I don't mind staying somewhere else if there is a shortage of rooms. I can bring 2 wi-fi routers with 3G cards (only work if there is good cellphone coverage). Also do you need mattresses/blankets/food/computer stuff etc. give me a shopping list!|
|Suzanne Jones||Vienna Austria||4th around midnight (same flight as Olaf)||8th am||Staying in Albergaria Residência do Vice-Rei hotel. Can bring wireless hub (this is not 3G this only works in Austria). Just staying for the ))TikiFestPorto((.|
|You? If you want to participate just add your name come as you are if you need a laptop please indicate it so someone will bring an extra for you.|
- Analyze AulaWiki especially the workspaces (Some things may have been added to main code base since). See new workspaces prototype and development in progress for Tiki socialization TikiSocialization_EN2.pdf (1.17 Mb).
- Port to main code base what makes sense to (presumably in 1.11)
- DogFood it for mods.two or dev.tw.o (to make it gforge-style)
- Make a roadmap for all the rest of the functionality.
Let's make sure it will be compatible with Tiki WikiFarm / Native multi-site/multi-domain handling. A workspace could be a separate domain.
1.1.2. Cross Lingual Wiki Engine
- Polish it and make it ready for prime time.
- Discuss http://www.wiki-translation.com/Possible+Research+Questions
- Figure out how to make it work on localhost so people can test on their local machine before committing changes to SVN.
- Have that feature request coded: http://dev.tiki.org/wish1184
It has been rated as "9" for almost a year... When coded, it will help a lot to produce a new and updated Tiki Manual pdf for 2.0 and later versions. And it's time to release a new Tiki reference handbook (pdf) for Tiki 2.0
Sylvie: is it still a problem with 2.0. I worked on this. multipage print for structures
- Improve http://doc.tiki.org/Documentation to make it more "Tiki 2.0" ready
one of the more powerful features in Tiki and one of the less documented to let people take advantage of all their power.
- produce wink tutorials? produce more static documentation and screenshots? Action field? Compute field?
- Howto use "profiles": http://profiles.tiki.org so that other people can help on preparing profiles for documented use cases ...
fix bugs which affect to TW community organization (see WhoWhat )
- filter by summary doesn't show the text input field to me here on dev.tw.o/tracker5: bug1666
- if tracker linked to a group subscribe from Plugin SUBSCRIBEGROUP should go to insert tracker item: bug1793
- allow seing username in user tracker at registration time step 2 (filling user tracker item) + compulsory checkbox not working as compulsory: bug1860
1.10:"Use tracker for more user info." should automatically link username&email from 1st reg. screen : bug1180
- user info from linked group tracker item gets wrong info for "username" if "usernamemoretext" exists bug1902
- fix http://dev.tiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Custom+email+message+to+new+tikiwiki.org+registrants
Marc will explain
- Amette & Marc can set up
- dev.tw.o and doc.tw.o need to be moved urgently
Olaf, Alain and Marc can plan strategy
Imagine TikiWiki was used to manage an event like WikiSym. What feature set would be needed?
We could interview Ademar who just went through the whole process.
- build a profile : http://profiles.tiki.org/Event+Management+System
- identify any missing features and add to the wishlist
Suzanne will show us some nifty stuff:
The demo consists of a Flex component as a Flash Plug-In that read data from a tracker with dynamic filtering. The data was called from a custom php file to return XML Data output from a Smarty Template. The hope is that the flex components may one day be used as widget/plug-ins in future releases to further enhance the look and feel of Tiki. This represents just one important advance of Tiki and Flash and will utilise some of the exiting new features currently being built into Tiki and planned for the next major release.
- Paper for printer
- 20 envelopes
- 10 Pens
- Router to replace Suzanne's one when she leaves.
- White board to share ideas