Table of contents
- column chooser for reports...different reports will be critical... especially for file upload for using tiki as a homework tracker...
- add files to tracker while filling out the tracker... Now you've got to add the file after the fact... too many steps... tracker could be used as a homework correction tool!
- ordering tracker item columns
- permitting multi-choice from drop-down menu
- placing a comment on individual tracker fileds. Ex.: checkbox comment which let's you click yes but also add a comment that this feature is available as an addon.
- using xfml for trackers
- when modifying tracker fields which already have data, there should be an error message.
- when trackers are in view table, it would be nice to mass update. ex.: checkboxes.
- text area fields (in a tacker), and maybe text fields as well, should be interpreted as other wiki pages, thus allowing for referencing other pages.
- Trackers are very powerful and flexible. But people may not really know how to set up. I suggest some default trackers to start with (bugs, tasks, etc)
Yahoo Group's database feature is similar
I've done some rough testing on Tracker's scalability. All results here are relative, but I feel are still an indication of some sort. I did this as I have a concern that large tracker DBs are going to prove to be very slow.
|Records||Num of Queries Used||First Time||Second Time||Third Time|
- Records - are the number of items in the tracker
- Num of Queries Used - this is the figure reported by Tiki at the bottom of every page after each refresh
- First Time - this is the Execution Time as reported by Tiki after first page refresh (assuming data is not cached)
- Second Time - this is the Execution Time as reported by Tiki after second page refresh (assuming data is cached)
- Third Time - this is the Execution Time as reported by Tiki after third page refresh (assuming data is cached)
Maximum number of records in listings setting under Admin / General was set to 1000. Each test was simply refreshing the page viewing the tracker.
ktest 2004/05/13 17:00 : Is someone selling Trackers? : http://www.taskspro.com/
Also, please see attached file
Through trackers creation of new objects?
See also the Fossfa-Db database module