Volunteering Facilitator: Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 15:00:00 UTC time (click to check time zone in your location)
See Roundtable Meetings for a detailed description.
- Tiki last release update status
* Tiki24 branched
* Tiki24 schedule
* Reminder of guideline (where to commit, what, etc)
- Plugin Signature: Ask for more brains, please check: https://dev.tiki.org/Signature
- Tiki Forums, Improving, Moderation;
* Where goes the "reported" notice ? (I found out that someone was using our forum to publish SPAM and the posts were reported 3 times)
- Outputing search results somewhere else than the screen
Actually results from plugin List or customSearch goes to the screen. Wouldn't it be clever to have other output options ?
* File (css)
- Manticore Search
put your topic (max. 5-10 minutes) into the list above
- Feedback and discussion about the Tiki.org top bar menu and the landing pages design/revamp and the UX [Carried forward from Roundtable Meeting 2021 12 because we didn't get to it at that meeting or the previous one. ]
- Proposal to enable themes to style Unified Admin Backend
- Objective: Provide the option to enable themes to style the new UAB and fix style conflicts
- Method: 1) Use global CSS and .tpls, etc. to position menus and so on but replace the current "dark" and "light" adminui styles with classes available to all themes. 2) The style choices originally in the Unified Admin Backend options get moved to new themes — Admin Dark and Admin Light. 3) Themes in the Tiki package get tested to make sure they style the admin pages in an acceptable way. 4) Add documentation so people understand the options.
- Result: Current/planned roadmap for Unified Admin Backend isn't disturbed because the default for new installations can be "use Unified Admin Backend" and "admin theme: Admin Dark" to get that standard utilitarian admin interface.
- Comment: I worked
mosta fair amount of this out in a local test (not a fork) and there are just a few thingsa number of things to complete but it could be committed fairly soonbefore too long.
- Given the long-standing Tiki principle of "make it optional", I didn't expect so much resistance to my idea to provide the option to let themes style the new unified admin backend, but I still think it's a good idea. The point was made, though, that the functional/navigational/UX aspects of the new admin backend need to be fixed/improved first, so it makes sense to wait before making changes related to theming.
- put your follow up action(s) when you're done into the list above
One page links to Roundtable Meeting 2022 01