Due to some licensing issues (see License) and the need of a powerfull webmail system that provides IMAP support (we currently only have POP3) we have been thinking on howto get it on.
The most voted and thought option is to integrate an existing and mature webmail system onto TikiWiki.
If you have some spare time please take a look at them and try to reject/approve some
More on that webmail dev: WebmailDev
Table of contents
we hope to have one...
- RoundCube it's a nice WebMail app, PHP & AJAX based, but GPL and NO POP3.
- On 31/12/2005 marclaporte placed a 1st contact with that community to query about the licence issues.
- Inside Systems Mail It's BSD License (according to freshmeat)
- Seems frozen or abandoned, last news where: 2002-11-25 14:13
- BSD License
- Requires PHP IMAP support
- Good mime support (according with its sf project page)
The following can be used for various reasons:
- Squirrelmail : It's GPL
- Would they relicense ?
- Damian has done some work on it's integration but that would need of a packaging system as we cannot distribute it inside tiki but can install it on the fly.
- Wanted for it's plugins and some other things.
- Has it's own IMAP engine, no POP3
- Damian says: It can collect mail from POP3 accounts!
- Horde IMP : It's GPL
- Ilohamail: Also GPL
- Has it's own IMAP and POP3 engine.
- NoCC: GPL
The following are unkown for some reason: